Using Tools for Taking Screenshots and Their Processing by Software Testers
Using screenshot tools (for example: Monosnap, FastStone Capture, Snagit, etc.) is widely common in the field of testing. This is the fastest and most effective way to show the problem with the screen. Software testers use these services in their day-to-day working activity while performing different types of testing.
Let’s take Monosnap as an example in more detail:
- Free service;
- The ability to take screenshots (even in games);
- Availability of cloud storage;
- The editor is easy to use;
- Instant screen image capture;
- Fast way of processing;
- Video uploading to YouTube;
- The official site provides instructions.
How to process screenshots and videos:
- Open the menu by clicking on the program icon;
- To take a video, use the above-mentioned button in the menu with the video editing function;
- Click on the record button;
- On the right side of the screen when recording there will be a menu that appears after hovering the cursor over it.
This is just an example of using a program for taking and recording screenshots and videos. QA specialist of software testing companies independently chooses a tool convenient for his area of work.
To show a problem on the screen, the tester takes a screenshot by clicking on the program icon in the lower right corner and selects the screenshot type. Having captured the necessary part on the screen, he uses the editor to implement his goals. The final step is to save the screenshot.
To take a video with this service, click on the menu button. Here you can change the parameters of the video recording. The next step is to click on the record button. This displays the menu on the right side when you hover over it. Thus, you can stop the video recording or add items to the video.
Using these services greatly simplifies the work of testers when documenting defects and delivering high-quality information to developers at all stages of the project.
You can learn more about the testing tools and their capabilities at the official sites with the instructions provided: