Quality Assurance Services: Justification of Correctness of Test Selection Method
Quality assurance services come in handy when you lack time, money and resources because they are destined to maximally benefit your project and meet all your testing needs.
Here are some features of the implementation of regression testing:
- Some parts of the program code do not receive control during execution of some tests.
- If a piece of the code implements the requirement, but the changed part of the code does not receive control during the test, it cannot affect the output of the program when performing this test.
- Even If a piece of the code that implements the requirement receives control during the test this does not always affect the output of the program when conducting this test. Indeed, if the first program block is changed, for example, by adding a variable initialization, all the paths in the program are also changed and, as a result, require retesting. However, it may happen that this initialization variable is actually used only in a small subset of the paths.
- Not every test tk € -I> checking the code follows the same path as a modified code, necessarily covers this modified code.
- Code located at the same path as a modified code can not affect output values of changed modules of the program.
- Each operator of the program does not always affect its every output element.
QA outsourcing is what you need to cut costs and ensure desirable product quality. At that the work is done by highly qualified specialists that do not take part in development therefore they have no prejudice against test execution results.
Assume that changes to the program are made only by one operator. If in performing any test on the source program this operator never receives control, one can say with certainty that it will not get control also during the test on the new program, and test results of the new and old programs will be the same. Consequently, there is no need to perform the test on the new program. This method can be easily generalized to the case of several changes: if the test does not involve even one changed operator, and its input data has not been changed, the code run by it in a modified program will be exactly the same as in the original version.
This test does not detect differences between the two versions of the system; therefore, there is no need to execute it again. If the test does not affect any output operator, whose behavior depends on the changed operators, it means that, despite the changes in the program, all the operators which receive control when performing this test will not change the output of the system with respect to the previous version. Thus, there is no need to re-run tests of the kind.
Mobile app testing services are used to help mobile apps work as they should – these products are exhaustively tested to see what is wrong with them. Once the cause is identified, it is much easier to improve the quality.