QA Consulting: Documentability and Defect Life Cycle
Each software defect discovered during the testing process should be obligatorily documented and tracked. Once a new defect is found its investigation information is immediately entered into the database. For this purpose, you must use specialized databases that support the storage and tracking of defects – such as DDTS. When entering a new defect qa consulting firms recommended you to specify at least the following information:
- Name of the subsystem in which a defect is detected.
- Product version (build number) in which a defect is found.
- Description of the defect.
- Description of the procedure (steps necessary to reproduce a defect).
- Test number during which a defect is detected.
- The level of a defect, i.e. the degree of its impact on the quality of the program, namely its severity or extent – criteria for deciding the customer’s acceptance of the application.
Software testing company is tasked with identifying software problems, namely it focuses on detecting all kinds of defects that lead to malfunction of digital production. It helps people to prepare for successful product release. When software is tested during its development the risk of producing a low-quality app is greatly reduced.
When a new defect is entered into the database it is assigned a status “New”. After the development team has analyzed the defect, it is moved to the open state with specifying a particular developer responsible for the correction of this defect. After correcting the defect it is moved by the developer to the resolved state. In these conditions, the developer must provide the following information:
- The cause of the defect.
- The location of the fixes, at least within the accuracy of the corrected file.
- Brief description of what has been fixed.
- Time spent on the fix.
After that, the tester checks to see if the defect has indeed been fixed and if so, moves it into the “verified” state. If the tester does not confirm the fact of the correction of the defect, then the defect state is changed to “open” again.
If the project team decides that some defect will not be corrected, such a defect is moved into the postponed” state with the indication of the persons responsible for this decision and the reasons for this decision.
Outsource qa so that to meet the demands of the end user and not to redo the products soon after their release. You will not have to hire testers on a full-time basis as you would have done if dealing with on-shore qa experts.