Test Management Tools Used By Software Testing Service Providers
There are many test management tools, however, a great number of software testing service providers use their own means to manage the testing process.
It does not make sense to memorize the principles of working with test cases using a certain tool – there is a common way of developing the skills during two days. Right now you need to have a good understanding of feature set implemented by such tools (of course, a particular tool may not implement all the functionality listed and / or implement the functionality that is not listed:
- Creation of test cases and test case suites;
- Monitoring documentation versions in order to figure out who have made changes to them and annul these changes if possible;
- Designing test plan and controlling its implementation, gathering and visualization of different metrics, generating reports;
- Integration with defect management systems, estimating relationship between test case execution and created bug reports;
- Integration with project management systems;
- Integration with automation testing tools, automated test case management.
In other words, a good test management tool is capable of performing routine technical work that needs to be done during software development life cycle. The other big benefit of such a tool is its ability to find the interrelation between various documents and other artifacts, relationship between artifacts and processes, etc. employing this logic to access-privileges allocation system and ensuring the safety and accuracy of the information. A quality assurance company uses the tool to manage tests and partially control test processes.
These are also helpful for automating testing results, updating scripts, scheduling tests, tracking progress, managing testing activities, incidents, etc.
You can familiarize with the following test managements tools:
Testlink is a web-based test management tool. It integrates both test specification and requirements specification and interacts with famous bug tracking systems.
TestRail is software designed to handle test data.
Microsoft Test Manager is a tool that automates manual testing and simplifies verification of an application after it was built.
Zephyr is a test management platform that manages all the aspects relating quality of software testing in real world conditions, integrates various systems and tools.
To facilitate verification and validation processes performance testing companies prefer using test management tools. By doing so they manage to save on testing time and get more precise test results.