Software Testing Services: Waterfall Model
There are different software development models. This article is dedicated to Waterfall model also known as linear-sequential life cycle model. It can be regarded as a baseline for lots of other lifecycle models.
Opting for software testing services from outsourcing overseas companies you are guaranteed to improve your software, save on your spendings and have more spare time for your core activities…
Characteristics of Waterfall model approach:
- The project includes non-overlapping phases, and each next phase cannot start until the preceding phase is not fully completed;
- Completion of each phase involves verifying the actual results in order to eliminate the greatest possible number of issues related to the project / product development process;
- This model is well-understood because of its simplicity and ease of the use.
- In most cases, it is applicable to small projects where there are no poorly-defined requirements;
- Once each phase is finished a review takes place to prove that the project is on the right path or whether to continue or not, or to reject the project;
- Focus is made on software quality management. In this regard the model has linear well-defined phases of systems development, some of which are structured (requirements specification and implementation).
You are most likely to remember about software testing companies when your customer confidence will start weakening…As a result, you will want to improve the development process with the aim to build products that comply with specified requirements.
In Waterfall model, on completion of the system requirements elicitation phase, the requirements document is written, and it is called a survey on what the system is required to do (description of the functions). And software requirements specification serves an evidence that the functions specified in the survey will be implemented in the programs ready for publication. In addition, it is assumed that the confirmation will be made during the first phase, i.e. after the requirements are already formulated. This reflects the fact that the defined requirements should be agreed with the customer.
Be aware that QA outsourcing service is useful for assessing testing needs and quality assurance of any ongoing project. Ukrainian offshore testing specialists always strive to ensure that your products meet and even exceed expectations of your customers!