Secrets of Tremendous Popularity of Mobile Testing Companies
Despite the fact that the market for mobile applications is already big, mobile app industry is growing and evolving with every passing day. Mobile applications basically work per requirement specification documents. However, the requirements for their quality are becoming increasingly more strict, therefore software companies do their best to meet them.
Mobile testing companies manage to ensure quality of mobile applications while these are being developed. The qualified staff analyze the behavior of the programs to make sure that it is flawless. If the app does not work as expected the tester determines the causes of problem and seeks adequate solutions.
Mobile app testing services are provided using specialized testing tools and techniques. A multitude of mobile technologies, devices and platforms introduce additional complex challenges in mobile application development & testing processes.
Mobile app testing technique is absolutely different from desktop application testing method. The reason for this is that the app’s functionality is always enhanced – the new functionality is continually added to the programs without fixing the data for their final release. As a matter of fact, many characteristics are to be born in mind when subjecting a mobile application to testing.
According to experts, you need to focus on the following key aspects:
- Operations on memory, debugging memory leaks;
- Energy use intensity, charge sensitivity;
- Drive space usage, stability in the limited space on the drive, enrollment, work with memory cards;
- Support for multiple screen sizes, portrait & landscape modes in the device;
- Accessing the Internet through the optimum net connections: Active Sync, GPRS, USB, Wi-Fi, the device usage when internet connection gets unstable;
- Application fault tolerance’s properties (for example, the ability of the program to handle incoming / outgoing calls, sending or receiving SMS / MMS;
- Compliance with the standards ( Java Verified testing, Symbian Signed certification, etc.);
- Synchronization between the app and a calendar, phone book, programs on your PC;
- Correct program installation / removal from the memory card and phone memory;
- Proper localization.
Do not be in hurry to ship your software to your customers since it must be checked for all possible defects before being deployed. Beta testing companies run the final test of the program to validate its quality prior to commercial release.