Reasons to Use Services of Load Testing Companies
Any software must work under expected load for a long time. System inconsistencies and errors can cause data corruption, loss of customers’ trust and other costly problems. Load testing services are aimed at determining the maximum operating capacity of the program under terms of normal and specified peak load conditions.
Load testing involves verifying behavior of the application under demand of simultaneous users. Load tests are capable of revealing how the system works after configuration changes. The goal is to find bottlenecks, optimize the user experience and improve the reliability.
This type of verification is an integral part of SDLC.
The advantages of load testing:
- Evaluating system capabilities and determining the system’s response to different levels of usage
- Identifying failures (for instance, memory leakage, wrong configuration, erroneous resource allocation)
- Preventing system failure under production-line conditions
- Choosing effective hardware
Software programs are expected to perform flawlessly and function correctly under the heaviest demands of the users. Accordingly, load testing can help you deliver reliable applications which meet performance expectations.
Performance testing companies conduct rigorous usability analysis of working system in real-world conditions to identify and fix the usability problems and, also, compare such criteria as time in task, user satisfaction and success rate with the requirements.
Load testing is a complicated process which includes the following activities:
- doing analytical work;
- choosing appropriate testing technique in accordance with specified objectives.
Load testing requires detailed knowledge of networking protocols, characteristics of different types of servers, practical programming skills, etc.
The main phases of load testing:
Why outsource qa and testing?
Offshore load testing organizations carry out a statistical analysis of operating and maintenance records for a system and identify system performance goals.
They specify transactions that can generate load on the system. Then the consistent document “load testing methodology” is created and it includes the following:
- test strategy;
- a list the tests to be performed and their detailed description;
- criteria for the successful completion’
- description of the packet sniffer and load testing tools.
Hiring overseas qa & testing providers you will be able to reduce your product development life cycle and significantly improve the quality of the manufactured software.
Offshore outsourcing service appears to be less expensive than in-house qa activity.