Quality Assurance Consultants: Test Cycle
A test cycle is a test execution cycle comprising phases 4 and 5 of the test process. The test cycle includes series of developed tests to be run on some uniquely determined slice of the system (the state of a developed system’s code). Typically, such slice of the system which is its service-oriented cut, is called a build. The test cycle involves the following steps:
- Checking the readiness of the system and tests for execution of a test cycle along with:
- verifying that all the tests scheduled for execution within a given cycle, are developed and put under the version control system.
- verifying that all the subsystems scheduled to be tested within this cycle, are developed and put under the version control system.
- verifying that the procedure for determining and creating the system’s slice, or build has been developed and documented.
- inspecting certain additional criteria.
Quality assurance consultants have extensive expertise in qa field in order to ensure that software products are safe and consistent.
- Preparing the testing machine in accordance with the requirements defined in the planning phase (e.g, full uninstallation and reinstallation of the system software). Configuration of the testing machine, as well as the slice of system must be unambiguously reproducible.
- Reproducing the system’s slice.
- Running the tests in accordance with documented procedures.
- Saving the test logs. Test log may contain the output of the system to STDOUT, a list of comparison results obtained during processing of the data that are checked against the reference data or any other test output data which help to verify the correct operation of the system.
If you want to be provided with unbiased test results at affordable price it makes sense to consider offshore software testing.
- Analyzing the test logs and making pass or fail decisions for each test.
- Analyzing and documenting the results of the cycle.
The final test cycle to be run before the product release cycle should not include changes of the build or product code of the system under test. This ensures the final cycle is fully repeated and manufactured product matches a product that has been tested. The final cycle is needed to enable the high reliability of test results. You might want to improve quality of your software in a cost-effective way and within schedule so you could turn to relevant firms for advice and help.Testing services companies work to ensure proper functionality of web, mobile and desktop apps.