Performance Testing Companies: Does Your Application Work As Expected?
Performance testing is a process of determining the response time and effectiveness of application, computer, device or network under a certain expected workload.
The goals of performance testing companies are as follows:
- identifying and solving “bottlenecks” in the system (features of hardware and software which do not function as desired);
- determining the best system architecture, selecting the best platforms, tools, and implementation languages;
- determining the optimal way to store files;
- evaluating and optimizing the database schema with the aim to improve performance;
- determining maximum and minimum system performance values and specifying factors / conditions for achieving maximum / minimum performance;
- identifying the reason why the response time of the system increases when the load is increased;
- determining the maximum number of concurrent user connections based on system and user requirements, specifically, the breaking point at which the extreme of performance or scalability results in unstable work.
Load testing companies contribute to improvement in the productivity by ensuring smooth performance under heaviest demands. They verify the behavior of a system or application under a given workload to analyze and prevent performance problems. Load testers do their best to make more any software or website more scalable, resilient and faster!
The importance of performance testing
Performance testing plays important in ensuring quality of software products because:
Low performance programs are doomed to be rejected by a majority of users, and this negatively affects the usability performance metric as usability measure such as the users’ emotional response. Ultimately, users will simply prefer to purchase better performing software.
Low performing system / app is less productive since it executes less useful operations tasks per unit time, and, as a result, the software company starts experiencing financial difficulties. The useful operations tasks can be referred to as software functions that meet the users’ needs and expectations or the business application owner needs, such as order processing, information provision to the client, etc.
Independent software testing companies are cost-effective yet competent service providers who can suggest you how to make your software user-friendly and ensure its successful launch.