Mission and Objectives of Performance Testing Companies
Performance testing is intended to determine stability, reliability, responsiveness, throughput of a system under a certain workload. Performance tests are mostly used to verify new software builds before distributing them to the target audience.
Performance testing companies offer a good benefit package:
- detecting and preventing failures of software system before it comes into commercial use;
- determining the maximum number of simultaneous users that the system can allow;
- determining the maximum number of concurrent transactions being executed at the server per time unit without sacrificing the quality of service.
This testing is run to gauge the system performance parameters under maximum operating conditions:
- the highest rate of activity execution while meeting service level arrangement (SLA);
- the maximum workload capacity that leads to deterioration in servicing operations (run-time failures).
As part of the performance testing, the testers need to gather system performance statistics, which are used to create load profile. Soon thereafter the starting point and step size are chosen in order to increase rate of activity execution.
Load testing companies measure response of a computing device or software system by putting demand on them. A load test helps to understand the behavior of the system under real-world load conditions.
Load testing involves monitoring load on app server, on the database, etc.
Performance testing is a set of testing techniques such as load testing, stress testing, soak testing and spike testing. All of them focus on identifying performance bottlenecks in a system or a software application. Performance tests let you anticipate performance problems and prevent them from occurring by using adequate preventive measures. Performance testing does not only allow you to examine the performance of a loaded system as a whole but also find the right solutions to optimize specific modules of a system.
Unlike load testing which is conducted in a specific situation, under a given load, a stress testing is done to find out how the system works beyond operational capacity, if the current load approaches the limit point, and define its upper limit capacity.
Independent software testing companies are successful in running all possible types of testing at top professional level, dedicating all their time and effort to ensuring a desirable quality of software products.