Load Testing Companies: Determining The Performance of Software Applications
Modern software applications simply must work seamlessly under heavy loads. Any kinds of the problems associated with low performance may lead to derecognition of the products and, finally, the clients of yours will not want to purchase your software anymore. Due to this, to keep the applications stable, secure and fast you need necessarily subject them to accurate load testing.
Load testing is a non-functional testing method, mostly automated, which allows to simulate the concurrent business users of shared resources. Load testing is a complicated process that includes not only Record and Playback touch operations:
- Firstly, load testing requires cognitive, investigation and analytical skills.
- Secondly, it is usually run automatically therefore the testers need to have good knowledge of programming languages as well as understand network protocols and various application servers and databases.
- Thirdly, there are different types of load testing that have different goals.
In fact, load testing companies do hard work – they help to determine maximal operating capacity of mobile apps, web applications, websites and accelerate the delivery programs with speed, agility and quality.
Main goals of load testing:
- Evaluating the performance and functionality of software application during the development & deployment stages;
- Evaluating the performance and efficiency of the application during new product launch stage, patch set release;
- Application performance optimization, including server configuration & source code optimization;
- Selecting an appropriate hardware or software platform and server configuration for a particular application.
You may outsource qa processes to Ukrainian testing providers and you will never regret having done that. Offshore outsourcing companies are able to assure higher quality of your products while reducing both lost potential and direct staffing costs.
The 5 main principles of load testing
- Request uniqueness
- System response time
- Dependence of system response time on the extent to which the system appears to the users
- System response time distribution
- Accurate reproduction of load profiles
Ideally, system performance requirements affect the success of load testing; these are formulated and documented in development of system functional requirements, prior to encoding of the main architectural elements.
Performance testing companies deliver their services to evaluate the system’s behavior in terms of stability and responsiveness under various workloads. Load testing is a performance testing technique which helps to determine the parameters of the system under expected load.