Important Tips for The Staff of Mobile App Testing Companies
Mobile app testing companies specialize in verifying mobile app performance & functionality by running the programs on all possible devices and platforms.
There are essential tips for mobile app tester:
- 1. Use mind–maps and heuristics / mnemonics to simplify testing process because it is sometimes difficult to bear in mind all aspects of mobile testing:
Mind-maps: ministry of testing, test insane
Mnemonics: SFDPOT, COP FLUNG GUN, I SLICED UP FUN
- See the diffs of each branch / single feature and ask as many development-related questions as possible. Such a curiosity will:
- help to increase the tester’s prestige because it is quite important to try to understand the code and the parts which are affected by this feature;
- motivate a tester to begin to learn programming language so that it will be easier for him to understand the inner workings of a system or a program and have a grasp of their structure.
- Study mobile application development life cycle. Activity ViewController 1, 2, 3 (iOS) and 1, 2, 3 (Android) as it is necessary for the understanding of the states of user interface screen and the statuses of the app itself.
Mobile testing companies do a great favor to many businesses since they improve quality and productivity of mobile apps at lowered cost. It makes sense to trust these professionals to do even the most complicated work.
- Ask to log all requests made to the server and / or borrow a convenient “watcher” of log files from the server-side developers in order to be able to better analyze the requests and identify duplicates and / or find more convenient ways to update the data. For example, so that to update a part of the profile the developer can do a repeated request for the full profile instead of using a lightweight request.
- If you have iOS and Android apps, it is important to get the right balance of resources for testing of iOS and Android apps. Cost of errors in Android application testing is determined below:
- There is a staged rollout for Android app.
- Android app’s updates can be released to production over again even at the same day or rolled out using a staged rollout (up to 50% of the layout can be reverted to the previous version). However, it is not recommended to make the app available to the users too often because they will begin complaining of the quality and give negative feedbacks on the product.
- As far as iOS app is concerned, it is better to request the expedited review (which should not be used too often) and as a result the application will appear online in 3 days, at the worst, if there is no the expedited App review the period will be extended up to 5-10 days).
- On the other hand, it is faster to test iOS applications, as the ecosystem is not so badly fragmented in comparison with Android ecosystem..
Do you want to withstand attacks of hacker spies and leave them no chance to access your sensitive data? Do not delay and call representatives of penetration testing companies to check if your Internet-facing resources are duly protected and take countermeasures if necessary.