How The Top Management of Quality Assurance Company Deals with Its Personnel
Human Resources Management is not an easy work, and you will certainly make use of recommendations on the following issues:
- Whom to hire
- Moral support
Whom to hire
Programmers are not necessarily good testers.
Bad programmers are usually bad testers as well. Do not give employment to the people that have been fired from the other departments.
Here are some characteristics of a good tester that is most likely to be hired by Quality Assurance Company:
- Consistency and sincere focus on quality.
- The experimenter, not a theorist. Each test is a mini experiment. The tester should not take anything for granted. The tester should be able to convert all statements about the capabilities of the program and ways to use it into testable assumptions and then analyze them in real world environment. Programmers tend to ignore the comments on the product design until they receive irrefutable and convincing data from the tester, for example, the information about the number of calls made to the technical support department, which are caused by this problem identified in the previous release of the product. Accordingly, the tester must be able to find such data, to show ingenuity and initiative in this matter.
Click here to examine list of software testing companies to be used to choose the best testing specialists for meeting all your testing needs.
- Education. The more educated the tester is, the better results he will achieve. The employers place a great value on a university education so it is crucial to the tester. Certainly, it is a big advantage to have research skills, especially in the field of human factors, as well as all the computer knowledge and skills.
- Some programming experience. This experience is very useful, but it is not a determining factor – a lot of excellent testers, which have been famed for their distinguished abilities and are known to be highly qualified specialists, have not written even a line of code. However, it is required to have at least one competent programmer in the team. The other staff will be able to ask him for advice from time to time.
- Experience the testers have with a number of computers and various software products.
Performance testing companies are concerned about the quality of software therefore they will easily ensure flawless performance of your programs as soon as you let them do this.