How Do QA Outsourcing Companies Select The Right Test Tools?
Ukrainian testing specialists provide a full range of qa & testing services to their clients – small, middle and large sized organizations. They use various methodologies, techniques and tools to achieve the most effective test results. These qa outsourcing companies have experienced a myriad of open-source and commercial tools in the industry therefore they know the secret of tool selection.
You are welcome to familiarize yourself with THREE widely used tools:
Test Management Tool
- Check for availability of customer-oriented folder structure for test scenarios and test cases.
- Check test objects, deliverables and artifacts associated with the tool.
- Check export and import functionalities for test artifacts (like test plans, scripts, cases, scenarios).
- Check how versioned test artifacts are created (how the version history of upgraded artifact is retrieved).
- Check the mechanism for updating apps (e.g. bulk update).
- Check modularity and reusability.
- Check exit criteria functionality and test preconditions.
- Check association with defects and requirements.
Deciding to outsource qa and software testing activities you increase your chances of developing software products that meet budget, scope and quality objectives.
Mobile Test Automation Tool
- Check if language / IDE is adoptable and hand-coding (manual scripting) is allowed.
- Check jail rooting and breaking.
- Imitator support or real-world device (recommended).
- Image or / and object recognition.
- Functionalities & features supported — drag and drop, swipe, scrolling, shaking, zoom, rotating, pinching, etc.
- Check data connectors (white or gray box test design technique) and database access.
- Check integration with test management capabilities and / or test management tools.
Defect Tracking Tool
- Check defect work flow customization (to track status as open, closed, in-progress, works as expected, ready to test, not reproducible and so on) and functionality.
- Check association with test automation and test management tools.
- Check notification features (specifically, to notify testers, developers, or any other person about changed status, new defects, and fixed defects).
- Check specified attributes like priority, root cause, severity, module, defect description, resolution date, version, found in (i.e. to have all the required attributes for a bug / defect).
- Check export and import functionality (i.e. to have all the defects written in an Excel sheet).
Software testing services are provided using not only these three tools but also Test Data Management Tool that lets to simplify generation of test data while ensuring sensitive data is and test conditions are fulfilled.