Best Software Testing Companies: The Goal of Test Plan
Best software testing companies are sure to meet all your testing needs in order to help you create world-class IT products.
Test plan is a document that defines the amount of the test preparation and execution activities for a given software product. This can be a single document, but more often it is a whole set of documents, a complete list of these is presented in a separate section of the plan. Here is how test sections of the plan are defined by the IEEE 829 standard for Software Test Documentation.
- Test plan ID. This is a unique name or number of the plan. This identifier is useful for storing documents in the database.
- Introduction. This section provides reference links to all corresponding juridical documents and standards, as well as to the product requirements documentation.
- The test objects. This refers to software components to be tested – functions, modules, capabilities, etc. You can either list them right here, or refer to the relevant document. In addition, this section includes links to the specifications (requirements and design documents) and the product documentation (user manual, product installation manual s, etc.). By the way, there is a list software testing companies for you to choose your dream tester.
- Functions under test. Provide them with reference links to the test set specification.
- Investable functions. Which functions cannot be tested and why.
- Testing strategy. Describe the general approach to software testing to be performed: by whom it is done, what are the main types of planned works, what technologies and tools are used to test each of the main groups of the product features. What are the criteria for adequate testing of each group? According to the standard right this section of the plan, not the “Work schedule” contains the basic product requirements, including deadlines for completion of the works and the requirements for the presence of personnel and test objects.
- Test execution criteria. How a tester can determine whether a given program has passed the test or not?
- Suspension and resumption criteria. List all the possible reasons why the test may be terminated before the problem is solved. What should be done to be able to continue working? What tests should then be repeated?
Load testing companies look to check behavior of your software program to understand if can handle high demand. If it is unable then they offer flexible solutions on the product performance optimization.