Are Top Testing Companies Successful in Executing Functional Analysis?
Functional testing is one of the main types of testing, as it aims to find out if developed software corresponds to its original functional requirements defined by the customer. To be more precise, the process is carried out to observe behavior of the software under certain conditions to understand if it is capable of handling required tasks, so to say it must do what the users expect it to do. Top testing companies successfully carry out different analyses, including functional and non-functional ones.
Benefits of functional testing:
- Can fully simulate the actual use of the system
- Allows you to quickly detect system defects in software app, and, thus, by doing so, to avoid many problems during its further usage
- Lets you to achieve good time, money and effort savings due to defect fixing at early stages in the lifecycle
Functional requirements specify what activities and operations a software program must be able to perform and what it can provide for its users.
On looking into a well-organized list software testing companies you are most likely to find a qa service provider that suits you best. It was composed for you to feel comfortable and confident choosing a testing specialist.
Phases of functional testing
- There is an analysis of the source system documentation such as: functional and business requirements, terms of reference, project design passport. Also, there is a development and approval /disapproval of a test plan, development and review / validation of test cases for further approval.
- Functional testing is carried out manually using preliminary defined test cases. At that all the defects found are recorded in a database called a bug tracking system. If such a system is unavailable then it is possible to use office software suite
- Now, it is time to develop and submit test execution reports with a list of defects detected and recommendations on how to improve quality of the system. As circumstances may require, there is a possibility for user training.
Testing process is managed with the help of specialized test management systems, for example, such as HP ALM, IBM Rational Quality Manager, MS Team Foundation Server.
Depending on the needs, expectations and capabilities of The Client, one may use competing bug tracking systems: Jira, Redmine. Top testing companies use these and other tools to facilitate testing procedure and ensure its unquestionable success.
And, ultimately, it is useful information for everyone who is passionate playing games. Are you this very person? Video games happen to work incorrectly due to presence of bugs in them. Game testing companies can easily eliminate this problem so that to ensure quality gameplay for their clients.