How to Test a Mobile Website
Nowadays, more and more people are using mobile devices for accessing the Internet. That is why it is so important to adapt website for smartphones and any similar gadgets.
There are several recommendations for how to run effective mobile web tests
- Check if your website is compatible with smartphones and tablets.
- Make sure that it is easy to navigate your website i.e. it has simple navigation.
- Optimize your website’s page loading speed.
- Ascertain that buttons have optimal size on mobile device so that they are easy for the users to tap.
- Optimize size of all images.
- Do not use Flash and popup windows.
- Use markers and short sentences.
- Make sure that your phone number is clickable.
- Ascertain that a website can track your exact location with your cell number via GPS.
Useful web mobile testing tools: Perfecto Mobile Continuous Quality Lab, BrowserStack, Windows Phone Emulator, Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test, Android Studio emulator, Google’s Page Speed Online. You are welcome to use mobile web application testing service provided by famous Ukrainian specialists! They are able to find solution to any software development-related problem and prevent their customers from insurring great expenses.
Beta testing is the final preliminary testing stage. As a rule, it is performed by real users to ensure that the product has few bugs or faults. They are external users who may be the customers, clients or end users – the intended audience for the software, not employees of the company. The product is sent outside the organization to receive feedback on the product’s quality. Beta testing is often referred to as a user acceptance testing done outside the testing environment for real world exploitation.
Your site will be tested at user’s own locations in the absence of the development team. The real customers will be trying your product out to identify defects in it before it is marketed. Beta testing aids in building confidence to release the product and is instrumental to the success of this product in the market.
Ubertesters, HockeyApp and TestFlight are top mobile beta testing tools.
How to test a website with EasyQA Chrome Extension
EasyQA Chrome Extension is used to write a bug report for a website or web app without wasting time by sending the information; help to proceed to fixing a bug faster.
EasyQA Chrome Extension is an easy-to-use software reporting tool that helps to deal with bugs. You just need to do the following:
- create token for your project;
- install EasyQA Chrome Extension in your browser;
- lon in (optionally).