Does It Make Sense to Use Checklists?
Since software development management can be a very challenging task, therefore it has become a common practice in software industry to apply the collection of lessons learned and the most effective methods, put into a checklist form. Checklists serve as a convenient reminder of the operations that must be performed during the development life cycle. Usually they are documented in a convenient way in the form of affirmative-interrogative sentences such as “if … then ...?”. Checklists should not be searched for on the Internet, choosing those that seem appropriate. Moreover, checklists should not be used as organizational standards.
If the checklist was not developed on the basis of lessons learned within the framework of this project, it will bring little benefit. At the same time, if checklists are properly drawn up they can serve as powerful means of reducing the likelihood of miscalculations in the project development process.
Looking for a skilled testing specialist?? Want to release your project within budget & deadline? Here is a list software testing companies prepared for you to choose an expert according to your expectations. It is time to deal with highly qualified personnel.
For example, when performing rapid testing, depending on the chosen life cycle model, the language and tools used during the development of a project, and many other factors, checklists created for this project may have different purposes. Below are examples of items on the checklist:
- If the requirements include accessibility requirements, should the text used in the project be checked for compliance with the company’s standard that allows for the availability control?
- If the requirements include accessibility requirements, does the test plan reflect the fact that the means of testing the availability of the project are applied according to the standard?
- If a testing process is required to ensure compliance with company standards, have all the test participants completed 4-hour training courses and passed the final examination?
- If temperature is a mandatory parameter, is it possible for the user to choose to display the temperature in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit?
- If “abc” – the chosen configuration management tool that will be used in the project, are all versions of the source modules that are currently being checked for upgrade are blocked?